We currently have an opening for a Manufacturing Engineer at Avancez-Highland Park.
Our goal is to promote the most qualified team member for the job.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Manage multiple engineering projects that support plant operations. These projects will range from process improvements to development and installation of new tooling.
- Represent Avancez in a professional manner with customers and suppliers at all levels of their organization
- Active leader in problem solving analysis and developing irreversible corrective actions of quality issues.
- Process development / improvements
- Engineering change management
- Manage the customer Formal Corrective Action system(s)
- Become a leader in managing scrap and non-conforming material
- Ownership of Corrective Action System (CAS)
- Teach, lead and continuously improve all areas of the business
- Interface with all aspects of operations including quality, materials and maintenance
- Ability to work 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Shifts
- Understand Avancez operations (Sequencing/sub –assembly, shipping and receiving)
- Interface with Avancez plant liaisons on a daily basis regarding any issues
- Believe in Avancez philosophies and values
- Follow and improve the Avancez business systems
- Ability to work well in a team environment and have a positive attitude
- Effectively interact with, lead and develop people
- Work very closely with the other engineers to ensure continuity
- Customer focused
- Able to work with and effectively communicate with operators on the floor as well as Avancez Management
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
- At least three years of experience in assembly and/or manufacturing and demonstrated success as a person who solves problems.
- 2 years of experience with the APQP system.
- Above average PC skills which would include Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Solid communication skills, written and verbal
- Knowledge of TS 16949 quality system.
- Supervisory experience in the manufacturing field is preferred
- Integrity – adhering to high ethical principles and professional standards.
- Trustworthiness – Being honest, dependable and earning the confidence of others.
- The Will to Win – being tenaciously driven to accomplish stated objectives.
- Excellence – consistently being the best you can be.
- Responsible – being reliable and trustworthy.
- Accountability – being obligated and willing to accept responsibility for one’s actions.
- Dignity – behaving in accord with Avancez’s Basic Principles
- Respect – treating others as you would have them treat you.
If you are interested in this opportunity, submit a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com. This letter should describe why you want the position, your level of experience, why you should be selected, and how you will help the team be more successful.
All qualified applicants will be interviewed. The interview will be used to fully describe job expectations, explain the hiring process, and answer questions.
Avancez advocates full equal employment opportunity for all people without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as covered veterans in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Avancez complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.